Philadelphia School Retreat VenueWe Love Philadelphia Students!
Philadelphia School Retreat Venue
Students Observe the Natural World
The Poconos cover 2,400 square miles and are home to four counties, two national parks, nine state parks, 150 lakes, 19 waterfalls, 170 miles of rivers, and seven ski areas.
Philadelphia School Retreat Benefits
Teenagers, more than anybody else, require time apart from the demands of life. Retreats are frequently tranquil settings where students can engage in new ways with nature, friendships, spirituality, and personal growth.
School retreats allow secondary students to develop a sense of community with their school that extends beyond the classroom by taking them into nature. It allows them to switch off from their cell phones, school stress, and family relationships.
We all require time apart from our family as well as time away from technology. These experiences also assist teenagers in preparing for college, when they will be responsible for their own lives.
- Try new things and create new interests – Retreats usually provide plenty of possibilities to try new things and develop new hobbies.
- Learn new abilities and improve confidence — Students in private schools can use retreat time to unwind and learn new talents without the stress of grades. This leads to increased self-assurance and a readiness to attempt new things, as well as increased self-esteem and the tenacity and determination to achieve one’s full potential.
- Meet new people and improve social skills – Teens have a rare opportunity to meet real friends, learn how to get along with others, appreciate diverse points of view, and work on their social skills in retreat settings.
- Make educational discoveries in nature – Research-based learning is even an element of some retreats. Some micro-schools use this strategy, collaborating on genuine research investigations with various universities and industries. Because some of these topics are best done in nature, retreats can be a great way to start the academic year.
- Learn to make decisions and choices – Going to a retreat entails making daily decisions and choices. Teens get to make judgments connected to independent thinking and must apply sound judgment on everything from everyday activities to what to eat and who to hang out with.
- Gain independence and self-sufficiency — There is nothing that parents desire more for their high school student than for them to become self-sufficient and independent in order to prepare for college and life. Teens can learn how to live away from home, adjust to living with a roommate, adjust to a daily schedule, and navigate other types of problems by attending retreats.
Things for Students to do at Poconos Valley
Students from Philadelphia make the most of our all-inclusive stay while taking advantage of our top-notch facilities and professional sports instructors. When you book your stay at Pocono Vally Resort, you can pick from a wide variety of sports and activities. Here are a few of them:
- Beach Volleyball
- Driving Range
- Miniature Golf
- Floor Hockey
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field Events
- Capture the Flag
- Pedal Boating
- Row Boating
- Banana Boating
Ready to book your Philadelphia school retreat?
We have everything you need to make your school retreat a success.
- Daily accommodations up to 5,000 guests
- Overnight accommodations up to 800
- Custom menus for all meals from hamburgers to lobster
- 80 newly renovated cabins
- 10,000 sq. ft. fully staffed kitchen
- Indoor & outdoor dining
- 25,000 sq. ft. indoor space
- 7,000 sq. ft. gymnasium space
- Auditoriums, breakout and presentation rooms
- Lakeside DJ
- Event programming
A few of the great companies that have enjoyed Pocono Valley!
Phone: 800.648.4FUN (4386)
Phone: 800.648.4FUN (4386)
300 Camp Akiba Road
Reeders, PA 18352
We welcome school groups, events, corporate retreats, weddings, and more! Serving New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey areas and beyond.