New York School Retreat VenueWe Love New York Students!
Best School Trip Venue for New York Students!
Check out Pocono Valley Resort and see why we are the #1 senior trip destination for New York area schools. We provide everything from activities to planning, sports venues to ropes courses/ziplines.
The Poconos have grown into more than a honeymoon destination, attracting more than 20 million visitors each year who come to ski, golf, shop, hike, kayak on crystal clear lakes, ride rolling rapids, or dog sled through beautiful winter wonderlands.
New York Teens Love Pocono Valley
Teenagers can benefit from school retreats in a variety of ways that lead to personal and spiritual growth. During private school retreats, students discover new ways to reduce stress and achieve a new degree of tranquility. A retreat will not only relieve tension, but it will also provide your kid with the opportunity to form meaningful relationships with other students and a sense of belonging in the school community.
New York School Student Retreat Benefits
Teenagers, more than anybody else, require time apart from the demands of life. Retreats are frequently tranquil settings where students can engage in new ways with nature, friendships, spirituality, and personal growth.
School retreats allow secondary students to develop a sense of community with their school that extends beyond the classroom by taking them into nature. It allows them to switch off from their cell phones, school stress, and family relationships.
We all require time apart from our family as well as time away from technology. These experiences also assist teenagers in preparing for college, when they will be responsible for their own lives.
Why Use Pocono Valley For Your Senior Trip?
- Practice communication – School retreats provide chances for students to participate in conversations, meet new people, settle problems, and get to know their school community before the academic year begins. Some school retreats even offer opportunities for students to give lectures, perform, and work on their daily journal writing.
- Learn about cooperation and leadership – Most retreats provide opportunities for students to work in groups and develop leadership abilities. Students may be asked to organize a project or lead an activity, such as a sport or physical exercise. Receiving this type of leadership training in middle or high school can help students prepare for college while also teaching them real-world management skills.
- Try new things and create new interests – Retreats usually provide plenty of possibilities to try new things and develop new hobbies.
- Learn new abilities and improve confidence — Students in private schools can use retreat time to unwind and learn new talents without the stress of grades. This leads to increased self-assurance and a readiness to attempt new things, as well as increased self-esteem and the tenacity and determination to achieve one’s full potential.
- Meet new people and improve social skills – Teens have a rare opportunity to meet real friends, learn how to get along with others, appreciate diverse points of view, and work on their social skills in retreat settings.
- Make educational discoveries in nature – Research-based learning is even an element of some retreats. Some micro-schools use this strategy, collaborating on genuine research investigations with various universities and industries. Because some of these topics are best done in nature, retreats can be a great way to start the academic year.
We Accommodate New York Schools
We have everything you need to make your New York school retreat a success. From planning to implementation, we’ve got you covered. See why Pocono Valley is the #1 senior trip destination for New York area schools.
We can provide:
- Daily accommodations up to 5,000 guests
- Overnight accommodations up to 800
- Custom menus for all meals from hamburgers to lobster
- 80 newly renovated cabins
- 10,000 sq. ft. fully staffed kitchen
- Indoor & outdoor dining
- 25,000 sq. ft. indoor space
- 7,000 sq. ft. gymnasium space
- Auditoriums, breakout and presentation rooms
- Lakeside DJ
- Event programming
Looking for more to do? Check out the Poconos map of attractions: https://travel.usnews.com/The_Poconos_PA/Area_Map/